Self-love is an art form. It’s a feeling and an action all rolled up into one big ball of “oh yeah”.
And have you ever noticed how life tends to become lighter and lighter when you encompass a more natural state of self-love?
It’s undoubtedly one of life’s utmost essentials. It sets the tone for joyful living because life just opens up, in its own way, when you are filled with it.
Not to be too opinionated, I feel like the world could definitely use more self-love. Yet it isn’t always an easy task to translate exactly what that looks like.
In my heart, I feel that self-love looks like self-acceptance and self-compassion mixed with self-nurturing and little bit of self-surrender. It looks like believing in yourself even if no one else does. Or maybe it looks like you knowing, without a shadow of a doubt, that you deserve AWESOMENESS.
But regardless of it’s definition, I know that I absolutely can’t live without it…
Yeah, it can be one of those work in progress thingies, but it never gets old, that’s for sure.
So read on to get a good dose of self-lov’in and for a bit of confirmation of just how awesome you truly are too (wink,wink)!
Some Awesome Self-Love Quotes…
1. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.”
2. “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.”
3. “Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself – what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat.”
4. “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.”
5. “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.”
6. “Celebrate who you are in your deepest heart. Love yourself and the world will love you.”
Amy Leigh Mercree
7. “Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full,
and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.”
8. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”
9. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”
10. “To be beautiful means to be yourself.”
Thich Nhat Hanh
11. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love & affection.”
12. “Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
13.“Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.”
14. “Loving yourself means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart.”
15. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven.”
16. “I love myself for I am a beloved child of the universe and the universe lovingly takes care of me now.”
17. “I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.”
18. “The easiest way to love your self, is to know your true self, which is love itself.”
19. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”
20. “The greatest success is successful self-acceptance.”
21. “Life gets easier when you become your own best friend”
Self-love enables you to do so much in life. Hopefully these quotes above will inspire you to embrace even more self-love within, as you add more meaning and good stuff to your experiences.
No, really… take the Self-Love Challenge. It’s a 7 day, mini challenge that’s a great way to squeeze some really easy self-love activities into your probably busy schedule. You can get it here>>.
And be sure to let me know how it works out for you.